The Adventure Inn in Ely, MN provides an eco-friendly, green alternative to lodging. Some of our latest green choices include:
* Installation of LEDs and water saving devices throughout
* Using solar panels to provide energy for hot water for both buildings and laundry, plus heat in the winter.
* Soap dispensers with plant-based, natural body/hair soap for our guests
* In-room recycling bins
* Establishing more green space to help absorb run-off
* Use of rain barrels to collect rain water off of roof for watering flowers
* Use of baking soda and vinegar as primary cleaning products
* Replacing 2 older inefficient buildings with 1 highly efficient solar building
* Shopping locally, whenever possible
* Attempting to keep our footprint as small as possible by considering every purchase
* Continuing to decrease our use of carbon based fuels at all times
* Installation of electric hook-up for cars
* Absolutely No VOC paint and No Formaldehyde carpet
We will continue to strive to improve our commitment to our environment and our community.
The Adventure Inn is Green, Year-Round, thanks to our Eco-Friendly Efforts
The Adventure Inn takes its green efforts seriously. Just a few of the things we do to conserve...